Durable, cost effective, and stylish. Have you discovered the perks of vinyl flooring?
Are you looking for a flooring solution that can handle the demands of heavy foot traffic, mild moisture exposure, and that can stand the test of time? Since its invention in the 1930’s, vinyl has become an increasingly popular against other resilient flooring options due to its position as a cost effective option for locations like bathrooms, basement and kitchens. Learn more about the benefits of vinyl, as well as basic care methods below.
Plenty of Perks
Besides its durability and long lifespan, vinyl flooring has no shortage of advantages to offer homeowners. Perks of vinyl flooring include:
- Easy to maintain: light sweeping and occasional mopping will go a long way towards keeping your floors pristine.
- Water resistant: vinyl’s composition makes it almost impervious to water, making it the ideal solution for laundry rooms, bathrooms, and other areas of the home that are more likely to be exposed to water.
- Insulating: As our fellow Edmontonians will know, cold toes can be an unpleasant reality during the winter months. Fortunately, vinyl holds heat quite well, and does not get cold like ceramic or wood flooring.
- Stain Resistant: Unlike other flooring, vinyl is less likely to absorb stains from spills due to its protective layer.
- Easy to Install: If you’re looking to make a quick change around to your space and breathe new life, vinyl makes it easy to do so with minimal downtime.
- Inexpensive: vinyl is extremely cost effective for those looking to cover a large space or maximize the lifespan of their floors for their dollar.
Easy, Breezy Upkeep
As mentioned above, one of the most appealing aspects of vinyl floors is how easy they are to maintain. With a weekly and monthly routine that can be completed in minutes, you’ll be amazed at how long your floors keep their lustre. General care tips include:
- Use doormats to minimize the introduction of dirt, mud, and grime to your space
- Sweep frequently
- Mop up spills quickly
- Pay close attention to any cleansers and cleaning products used (only use vinyl compatible products).
- Stay away from wax to preserve your sheen.
If you’re looking for a flooring solution that’s built to last, vinyl could be your perfect fit! Learn more about the benefits of this fantastic option by contacting our team today!