Are you curious about the benefits of linoleum floors? As an increasing popular selection amongst home and commercial property owners, linoleum tile flooring offer’s a wide range of benefits for any space. Learn more about this fantastic option, as well as practical applications below!
What Is Linoleum?
Crafted from biodegradable, eco-friendly materials such as cork, tree resin, and wood, linoleum is an ideal solution for property owners who are looking for pricey friendly, environmentally conscious flooring. As an extremely resilient material, linoleum is fantastic for spaces facing heavy foot traffic or that may be exposed to higher level of moisture.
The Vinyl/Linoleum Condundrum
Linoleum and vinyl are often confused by those searching for flooring options. One of the main differences to remember is that vinyl is manufactured using petroleum and other chemical to create a pre-finished product. While both are durable and easy to maintain, linoleum is ideal for eco-friendly home owners.
Advantages of Linoleum
As an incredibly versatile product, linoleum flooring is available in a wide ranges of shades and patterns. The product is also extremely flexible, so much so that it is often sold in sheets or rolls. This inherent flexibility makes installation ideal in locations where flooring is prone to moving, warping or cracking. Other benefits include:
- Highly durable. Properly maintained linoleum can last for decades.
- Low maintenance
- Quick and easy to install
- Acts as a natural sound barrier, as well as a cushioning surface for those standing over long periods of time.
- Ideal for families, homeowners with pets, and high traffic commercial areas.
Challenges To Keep In Mind
Like any material, linoleum has its own unique set of challenges to contend with. When considering your options, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
- Despite being resilient, linoleum can be dented by high heels and heavy furniture.
- Even though linoleum is relatively moisture resistant, it is not recommended for rooms that pose an increased risk for water leakage such as bathrooms and basements.
- Linoleum can fade over time and needs to be properly cared for to prevent premature aging.
Learn more about the benefits of linoleum as well as the many other home flooring options available by contacting Ashley Fine Floors today!