Moisture resistant and flexible, engineered hardwood gives homeowners the ability to outfit all areas of their home without the typical restrictions faced by traditional hardwood planks. Made of a solid wood core and topped with a hardwood veneer, engineered hardwood offers the following benefits:
Why Choose Engineered Hardwood?
Engineered hardwood is made up of a solid wood core topped with glue-applied hardwood veneer and:
- Is not as sensitive to moisture and temperature changes as solid hardwood
- Can be installed over radiant heating
- Is great for concrete subfloors (when a glued or floating application is used)
- Is resistant to shrinking and expanding
Engineered Hardwood Styles
Like solid hardwood, engineered hardwood comes in a variety of local and exotic species.
- Maple – light brown with visible grain
- Birch – light brown with visible grain
- Ash – a very hard wood ideal for high traffic and commercial applications
- Oak – brown with a very visible, dark grain
- Walnut – brown that lightens up with age
- Cherry – brown with red tinge that darkens with age
Engineered Hardwood Maintenance
Engineered hardwood is more resistant to moisture, but it is still not a good idea to soak or wet mop the floors. Clean up spills immediately to prevent moisture entry. To clean engineered hardwood, use:
Never use ammonia, vinegar or other acidic solvents and avoid steam cleaning the floors. Some engineered hardwood species can be waxed. If you would like to wax your floor periodically, we can help you determine the best species and application method.
Looking for flooring inspiration? Visit our Edmonton Showroom
Embark on a flooring journey like no other! Step into our captivating showroom and witness an array of exquisite options that elevate your spaces. From luxurious designs to budget-friendly solutions, find your perfect match and transform your home. Visit us today to experience the future of residential flooring firsthand.