Cork is harvested from the Quercus Suber or cork oak tree. Since the product is removed from the tree’s bark (the tree is not harmed or cut down), cork is one of the most environmentally sustainable types of flooring on the market. Providing excellent insulation for cooler months, as well as noise suppression between floor levels, cork flooring is an exceptional choice for eco-conscious property owners and builders.
Why Choose Cork Flooring?
Cork is noted for its soft texture, in addition to being:
- A green, sustainable choice
- A natural sound barrier
- Impact resistant
- High traction to prevent slips
Ashley Fine Floors specializes in environmentally sustainable cork flooring. Our cork flooring is a natural sound barrier and impact resistant, making it the perfect choice for your home.
Cork comes in many colour variations and is a very natural looking product. Cork can add an earthy touch to rooms and when both dark and light cork are used, you can create artistic floor patterns. Cork comes in sheets, tiles and planks. Check out our gallery and portfolio to see how versatile cork can be.
It is very easy to clean and maintain tile. If you keep your tiles in good condition, they will last you a lifetime.
- Glazed tiles are easier to clean than unglazed tiles
- Quickly clean any spills on unglazed or porcelain tiles to reduce the risk of staining
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, especially on glass #ffffff0and metal tile
- Seal grout between tiles to enhance its looks and longevity
- Clean your grout with a manufacturer-approved product
- All grout stains and discolours over time, but it can be stained back to its original colour
- Marble tiles can be polished and buffed to restore its original surface quality and shine